We continuously update our website with the latest information about our program. But a great place to start learning about our program is our recent 2022 / 2023 program presentation (via Zoom).
Our 2022 / 2023 program will have between 16 and 18 teams ranging from ages 7U to 18U.
What is my player's age for travel baseball for the 2022/23 season? The simple answer is --- whatever age they will be on April 30, 2023.
Our Hawks teams practice / train at the following facilities:
- 4S Ranch Sports Park
- Black Mountain Ranch Park
- Del Norte High School
- Rancho Bernardo Community Park
- The Nest Baseball Academy (the exclusive team training facility of the San Diego Hawks)
- RedLine Athletics
- More locations may be added
- Summer Season : June - July : During the first two months of Summer, we offer our Hawks program for 6U - 12U players, as well as our popular Summer Baseball Camps.
- Fall Season : August - November (mid) : Our main season with strong focus on field work, team training, and player development. 3 events per week for most teams.
- Winter Season : December - February / March : Our Winter season emphasizes more game / tournament play for most teams, as well as continued skills development at practices and team training workouts. 2 or 3 events per week.
- Spring Season : February / March - May : We believe in local, community baseball (Little League) and support it through our program. Our younger teams (12U and under) will play Sunday games in the Spring, with optional practices / clinics / training opportunities available. Older teams will have a full schedule of baseball.
- The schedule typically consists of a weekday practice, another additional training session (hitting, field, or sports performance) and a game on Sunday.
Costs to Participate in Hawks Baseball
Registration and Hawks Gear / Apparel
- $150 annual registration fee that covers part of the operations costs (insurance, equipment, technology, etc.)
- Reduced $100 registration fee for 8U and younger.
- Reduced $100 registration fee for 14U (Turning 15U) (as they focus on high school baseball late in the year, heading into the new year)
- Reduced $50 registration for Summer Only players
- Hawks gear / jersey / cap / fan gear is purchased separately using the SHOP link on right side of the Hawks website navigation.
- Included (9U and older) : Blast Baseball Premium Services ($60 value) - Every player will have access to Blast Baseball Premium Services that provide players & parents with access to advanced swing metrics and analysis enabling a player-specific development plan for hitting. This also enables tracking of swing progress overtime, as well as the opportunity to do Blast swing challenges / contest. Note: Blast Swing Sensor sold separately, but sensors are available to try / test / loan at no charge, from the program.
- Included (9U and older) : TAP™ EXERCISE BAND | FOR WARMING UP/STRENGTHENING THE UPPER/LOWER BODY
Despite the rising costs of good, gas and equipment, the monthly dues for program will not increase in 2022/23 which marks the 3rd year in a row with the same pricing structure.
With that said, we will ask each team (through a team representative) to do a small collection from each family to pay for the umpire for weekend games, and any other incidental costs associated with the team. This is typically done through a quarterly Venmo contribution.
For months with 3 scheduled baseball events per week (excluding holidays)
- 14U - 16U : $200 / mo
- 11U - 13U : $190 / mo
- 9U - 10U : $180 / mo
- 6U - 8U : $150 / mo
For months with 2 scheduled baseball events per week (excluding holidays)
- 14U - 16U : $150 / mo
- 11U - 13U : $140 / mo
- 9U - 10U : $130 / mo
- 6U - 8U : $100 / mo
- Tournament Costs are additional, and are divided among the players participating. There can be adjustments for players that do not fully participate either because of availability or due to a reduced role (i.e. pitcher only).
- Tournament fees include the tournament entry fee (including any first time registration fees) and the expenses for each coach.
- As part of paying monthly dues, there are NO additional admin fees added to the cost per family for local tournaments --- out of state tournaments are an exception as they require more time and attention.
- Tournament dues are billed / invoiced upon the conclusion of the tournament, typically within 24 hours. Some travel tournaments may require an initial deposit to support the up front costs associated with the tournament entry fee.
Overall, we have created a pricing model that is competitive with other travel baseball organizations, but also understand that next level baseball training is not inexpensive. If costs are a factor in your decision, please have a discussion with the club founder and let's see what we can figure out, together.